News

Category: Community

Fostering Teens – It Was Meant To Be!

August 28, 2021
When we asked Foundations Foster Parent Denise McGinnis what made her choose to foster tween and teen girls, she laughs and tells us that it wasn’t really a choice. It just sort of happened – as though it was meant

Doing Our Best ~ A Mantra for Fostering Teens

August 11, 2021
Fostering a teen can be a challenge, but it’s also, one of the most rewarding vocations you can ever get into.  It’s very rewarding for us to work with a teen and see them flourish from getting the love, understanding

Seeking Stories of Community Individuals Doing the Right Thing

May 26, 2021
ETHICS IN ACTION AWARD NOMINATIONS ACCEPTED THROUGH JUNE 4 Foundations Health & Wholeness is nearing the end of its 2021Ethics in Action Awards nomination period. The awards were created to honor individuals who create healthy workplaces, schools, and neighborhoods across
Mural of Joy

Mural of Joy

May 17, 2021
Last year, in the middle of a pandemic, our generous donors raised funds to have this beautiful mural painted in front of our Green Bay mental health clinic. We asked local artist Beau Thomas to create a space that would
Emily Knude RAYS Program Manager

Foundations Adds Sheboygan RAYS Program

February 2, 2021
Earlier this year, we acquired the Runaway and Youth Services (RAYS) Program. RAYS is based in Sheboygan, and serves youth in both Sheboygan and Manitowoc counties. The ultimate goal of RAYS is for youth in the community to successfully transition
Denise McGinnis

Honoring Ethics in Action Recipient Denise McGinnis

December 23, 2020
Denise McGinnis is a Foster Care by Foundations foster mom who was nominated for an Ethie by our Fox Valley Region Foster Care Director, Jess Drews. In her nearly 6 years working in the foster care system, Jess knows first-hand
Sue Vincent

Honoring Ethics in Action Recipient Sue Vincent

December 6, 2020
Since beginning of the pandemic earlier this year, our lives have been turned upside down in more ways than we could count, some of us lost our jobs, many were impacted by school closings, and we are all more isolated
The Shack

Type 2 Holidays

November 23, 2020
A few years ago, I was having a conversation with my son, Sam, and he made a reference to “Type 2 Fun.” It was a term I hadn’t heard before and when I questioned him on the meaning, he responded,

Honoring Ethics in Action Recipient Bonnie Kuhr

November 10, 2020
When Brown County initiated its downtown gentrification projects in the 1980s, low-income housing opportunities were progressively eliminated, and homelessness and healthcare for the homeless became a visible community concern. In 1986, the Brown County Homeless and Housing Coalition (BCHHC) began