Prevention, Outreach & Intervention
We build brighter futures for youth in Sheboygan, Manitowoc, and Brown Counties, Wisconsin
RAYS Youth Services is a voluntary, community-based program open to all youth between school-age and 21 years of age. The program is designed to help prevent homelessness and decisions to become a runaway, while navigating youth through the process of transitioning to successful, healthy, and independent living via preventative outreach, education, and other critical resources. RAYS meets all youth where they are at within the community, using a trauma-informed perspective to build coping/social emotional skills, positive adult connections, and strong connections to their community. RAYS introduces youth to a variety of skills to help build emotional regulation and teaches life skills to foster independence, all while helping youth navigate a wide selection of community resources in order to help them set and reach personal goals.
RAYS achieves strong connections through intentional outreach: casual contacts, street outreach, collaborative community events, groups, basic needs provisions, and educational presentations, as well as more targeted intensive programming that includes one-on-one and family mediations. Ultimately, as a result of the program, youth within the community have increased opportunities to remain in a stable housing situation, build and maintain healthy relationships, and successfully transition into adulthood with a stable foundation of necessary independent living skills.
- Educate all youth with skills and tools needed as they move toward adulthood
- Educate youth and families about building and maintaining healthy relationships
- Promote self-sufficiency
- Help youth build and maintain stable living environments
- Provide basic need items and other crisis support
Programs and Services
Youth Shelter Referrals
We provide and collaborate with housing options for youth in crisis.
Sessions focused a variety of skills (life, social, emotional, and coping) with the goal of successful independent living at age 18.
Confidential, no-cost, and voluntary short-term mediation is available for both youth and their families. RAYS compassionate staff works alongside participants to resolve conflict, help set goals, provide guidance, and encouragement as they work toward positive, life-long habits. Note: Mediation is focused on helping participants making decisions to help them resolve a specific conflict. Mediation is not a replacement for counseling.
- One-on-One Mediation – Weekly goal-focused, strength-based sessions for individuals aged 10-17 (18 if still in school) run for up to 10 weeks. RAYS staff works with the young person to set goals and work toward resolution. One-on-one mediation is tailored to each individual’s needs and can take place at the student’s school, at RAYS or even virtually.
- Family Mediation – Mediation is also available to families who need help working through challenges with their children aged 10-17 (18 if still in school). These sessions can take place in the family home, at RAYS, or virtually. Sessions are scheduled once per week for up to 10 weeks. Families work to identify their own mediation goal.
|Common mediation topics include:|
Asking for help is difficult for anyone, especially teenagers. That’s why we have street outreach teams who connect with young people in the places they normally gather. It’s our way of letting them know that we care about their safety and well-being.
RAYS offers informational presentations and group workshop opportunities to schools, community organizations, churches and businesses on a variety of topics.
If you want to learn more about RAYS Youth Services, watch this informative video presentation by Program Director, Jackie Baumgart HERE.
More Information and Resources
Also, check out two videos about our program:
*All services are offered at no cost to youth and their families.
RAYS Youth Services Director
Jackie Baumgart, LCSW
Phone: (920) 619-1079
Email: [email protected]
24-Hour Help Line
General Email & Fax
Email: [email protected]
Fax: (920) 458-5670
For Sheboygan & Manitowoc Counties
1337 N. Taylor Dr. Suite 201B
Sheboygan, WI 53081
For Brown County
1061 W. Mason Street
Green Bay, WI 54303
You can be a trusted adult for youth by getting involved with the solution!
Financial gifts support the outreach, education, and crisis support for youth we serve. You can donate HERE,or visit our visit our wish list on Amazon.com.